Founded in 1991, the Department of Physical Sciences and Mathematics (DPSM) is a center for research and education at the undergraduate and graduate levels for computer science, health informatics, bioinformatics, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, biochemistry, physics and geology. The department offers courses such as B.S. Applied Physics (Health Physics), B.S. Biochemistry, B.S. Computer Science Majors in Health Informatics and Statistical Computing, and M.S. Health Informatics Major in Bioinformatics.
The Department of Physical Sciences and Mathematics is an academic center of excellence committed to globally-competitive and socially-relevant education and research in science and mathematics.
The Department of Physical Sciences and Mathematics, an accountable and responsible constituent of the College of Arts and Sciences, has the following missions:
- To produce competent leaders and innovators in the field of science and technology
- To conduct researches of national and global relevance
- To establish local and international linkages
- To promote awareness of science and technology in the field of the Filipino community
- To provide sufficient service to community through application of science and technology