Four Biochemistry graduates of the College of Arts and Sciences of the University of the Philippines Manila (UPM) were among the top ten passers with the highest scores in the recent Chemist Licensure Examination last 16-17 September 2014.
The top ten passers are:
- 5th place - Alvin J. Logronio
- 6th place - Adrian Paul S. Tan
- 9th place - Robinson Bryan C. Andres
- 10th place - John Thaddeus N. Campo
The following papers have been accepted for presentation at the 5th IEEE International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications this 7 - 9 July 2014, Chania, Crete, Greece.
- Lung Cancer Classification Using Optimized Prediction Models Applied to Gene Expression Data
Joey Mark Diaz, Raymond Christopher Pinon and Geoffrey A. Solano
- Cluster Center Genes as Candidate Biomarkers for the Classification of Leukemia
Jonnel L. Dela Rosa, Alvin Edwin A. Magpantay, Alex C. Gonzaga, Geoffrey A. Solano
- Building Phylogenetic Trees from Frequent Subgraph Mining Techniques on Reaction Hypergraphs
Editho Giray III, Geoffrey Solano, Ma. Constancia Carillo, Jhoirene Clemente and Henry Adorna
Alvin J. Logronio of BS Biochemistry is the only summa cum laude graduate in the 2014 UP Manila graduation. The 105th UP Manila Commencement was held last 25 April 2014 at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) with the theme "Dangal at Katapatan sa Paglilignkod sa Bayan". The commencement speaker was Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, Archbishop of Manila. There are a total of 28 BS Biochemistry and 26 BS Computer Science graduates in this year's graduation.
Nine faculty from the Department of Physical Sciences and Mathematics (DPSM) receive their International Publication Awards (IPA) for 2011-2013 last 27 November 2013. The IPA awarding ceremony was held at the National Institute of Physics Auditorium in UP Diliman. The IPA awardees are:
- Arlou Kristina J. Angeles
- Junie B. Billones
- Richard Bryann L. Chua
- Alex C. Gonzaga
- Ma. Sheila A. Magboo
- Edanjarlo J. Marquez
- Marilou G. Nicolas
- Roy B. Tumlos
- Nelson R. Villarante